Monday, January 6, 2014

Life.Paper.Scrapbook. January Sketch Challenge

I'm super-excited to be on the LPS team again this year and it's time for our first sketch challenge.  Our sponsor this month is Paper Camellia, a terrific monthly scrapbooking kit club.



Paper Camellia is a monthly Scrapbook Kit Club founded on the belief that your creative time should be a pleasure. Our goal is to make it easy and effortless for you to create by offering you a destination where beautifully coordinated scrapbook products come together with inspiration, creativity and exceptional customer care. All delivered right to your door. Purchase our Kits individually, or by joining as a monthly subscriber at Papercamellia.com (http://papercamellia.com/)

Here is the sketch we're playing with.....


When I first saw the sketch I loved it- quite different to the sketches I would usually use- but it presented me with all sorts of challenges!  I just couldn't get the mojo flowing on this one and I had to leave my layout, make a card, and then come back to the layout.  The layout has grown on me but I'm still not 100% sure about it- but that's ok, because the story is told and in the album :-)

I used the Elementary Collection (an oldie) from Studio Calico and a couple of puffy stickers from Skipping5.











Now I did mention that I made a card too- I have made a card similar to this one before, so it was an easy one to do while I mulled over my layout :-)




For all the challenge details and some great inspiration from the DT, visit the LPS Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment