Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Some Mixed-Media Play

Hi all, so mixed media isn't really my thing but I thought since I had to make a self-portrait canvas for Tomorrows Memories, I would make the most of the opportunity to have a play.  I wanted my project to have an "arty-whimsical" feel to ensure I would really be stretching myself out of my comfort zone.  I started with a layer of torn pages from a vintage dictionary and then just went to town with paint, ink, mists and patterned paper.  It just kind of evolved as I continued to play and ended up looking nothing like what I had first envisioned.  I'm not sure I like it but I got lots of positive feedback from the ladies at Craft Group this week- maybe they were just trying to be nice!







I had a great time with this project and I hope to put what I learned during the process to good use again.  This canvas will soon be going on the wall at Tomorrows Memories in Bassendean so if you're in the area, pop in and have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment