Friday, May 1, 2015

Feeling Sketchy | Sketch #120


It's time for a new sketch at Feeling Sketchy and here is the sketch we're playing with.....





Our challenge sponsor is Polkadoodles.





I found the sketch to be a little bit busy for my usual style, so I decided on a pared back interpretation for my shaker card.  I started with a panel of white cardstock and applied Distress Inks to create a night sky.  





I flicked some water on top to add texture and white spray ink for stars.




I made a circle window for the shaker portion of my card using a circle punch, and then coloured the panel beneath with distress inks.  I added small silver star confetti to the inside of my shaker and some larger star confetti to the front of my card.





The owl and branch from a Hero Arts stamp set were stamped and Copic coloured before being fussy-cut and added to the card front.  I stamped a few extra leaves to fill that space a bit better.  The sentiment was white heat-embossed. 




I added some Glossy Accents to the owl's eyes for extra shine.



For my second card I used a digital stamp from Polkadoodles, printed it on cardstock with my laser printer and then applied Therm-o-Web Gold Deco-Foil using my laminator.  Jennifer McGuire has a terrific tutorial on how to do this here.  Although the image I was using had very thin lines, I was able to apply the foil successfully, but it's hard to see it unless you tilt it towards a light source.  I will be doing this again for sure with thicker images.


 I used patterned papers from Dear Lizzy's Serendipity Collection and added gold embossing to the edges of my card base. 


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut my sentiment three times.  I adhered them together to make a sturdy one, then gold heat embossed it before adding it to my card. I also used a doily file from the Silhouette store and cut it from one of my patterned papers.



Be sure to visit the Feeling Sketchy Blog for all the DT projects and to get all the challenge details.


No comments:

Post a Comment