Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tomorrow's Memories Project Pack Layout

I was given another terrific page kit from Tomorrow's Memories to work with this week.  At first glance I thought "Oh no, this looks way too girly for me" but I was instructed to create something simple so I figured I could make it work for a page featuring my Master 2.

I was given two sheets of cardstock- one grey and one orange.  I was given two sheets of double-sided patterned paper from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Collection.....


I also received a sheet of vellum from the same collection, some chipboard stars, a chipboard "Happy" word, some ribbon, some twine, a tag and some great little wax buttons made using moulds from Moulds by Mel.

Here's what I came up with.....





The sheet of patterned paper covered in jars was just begging to be cut up and I immediately thought I'd select a jar with stars on it (to go with the chipboard stars) and use it as a home for my title.  In order to make the pretty cloud vellum look it's best, I backed it with white cardstock.  The button and stars were painted with gesso and then the button was covered with Distress Stain and the stars with paint and glossy Accents.  The word was also covered in Distress Stain.  I added some alpha stickers from my stash to complete the title and splattered a bit of ink around.

Tomorrow's Memories page kits are a really clever affordable option for getting your pages done quickly and easily.  All the thinking is done for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment