Saturday, February 16, 2013

JAI #153 Colour Challenge

When I saw the colours for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink I just had to play along.


I am loving grey and pale yellow at the moment, so I was keen to try dark blue with yellow.




I took my brand new "Oh Hello" stamp set from Stampin' Up and stamped the chevron oval in So Saffron Ink then die-cut it with a Framelit - Labels Collection- also from Stampin' Up.  I matted this on a larger label  die-cut from So Saffron cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in Midnight Muse.  Then I took the banner stamps and stamped on white with So Saffron, on Midnight Muse cardstock with Midnight Muse ink, then I stamped the chevron oval again in So Saffron ink on So Saffron Cardstock and cut the pieces out with scissors.  I love my new hexagon embossing folder so I embossed some Midnight Muse Cardstock, tied some white ribbon around it before mounting it to my white card base on foam adhesive.  Then I assembled all the other pieces together and mounted those to the front with foam adhesive.






I will definitely try this colour combination again, but for a completely different look, I will go with more yellow and white and just a splash of the dark blue.