Tuesday, August 13, 2013

MME Chalk Studio Layout Share for Tomorrow's Memories

Hi everyone!   I popped into my fave little bricks and mortar scrap shop, Tomorrow's Memories to pick up some papers from the My Mind's Eye "Chalk Studio" Collection.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I knew I had to grab some before they were all gone LOL!



The chalkboard trend is everywhere right now- not just in the scrapbooking world- and most of the exhibitors at CHA Summer 2013 had a chalkboard-inspired collection on offer.  But I think this one from MME and designed by Rhonna Farrer created the most buzz.

When I was holding the papers in the shop- ok, caressing the papers- I was struck by the idea of combining the chalkboard with neon.  So when I got home I came up with this page using neon ink from Hero Arts, some more stamping in black and a  plain white cardstock base.





The neon ink hasn't photographed very well, but IRL it is much brighter and pops really well against the other black and white elements.  

I will be back again soon with another layout using Chalk Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment