Tuesday, December 18, 2012

AEI♥U Challenge (Card 1)

I love Avery Elle Stamps and I have seven sets of their awesome clear stamps.  They suit my mostly CAS style and my love for vibrant colour.  The AEI♥U challenge for the month is to create a project that sums up your personal paper crafting style.  Well I just said my style was CAS with vibrant colour but as I sat down to create some cards for this challenge, I actually had  trouble coming up with designs in my own style!  Call it festive brain-block I s'pose LOL!  

I love kraft so for my first card I started out with a kraft card base and stamped the "HELLO you are" label from the "Hello" set in Crumb Cake ink to make a background. This set has some cool words which I stamped in the labels. Then I took a banner stamp from the "To the Point" set and stamped that in Raspberry Ripple ink and a "Thanks" sentiment that I gratefully received with one of my orders in black ink.  Some machine stitching finished this card. 




I wasn't very happy with this card, so I will be back soon to share my next attempt.....

2 comments:

  1. Louise- Love the stitching on this card. Clean and Simple at its' finest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that it's hard to define a personal style! Even though you aren't satisfied with it, I love the background stamping! The tone-on-tone is really cool!

    ReplyDelete