Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crazy Love

Scrapbooking is my first papercraft love but I constantly battle to find the time for it.  I like to start and finish a project in one sitting so finding a chunk of time that big is well, you know......LOL! This is probably why I make so many cards ;-)

I love this photo of my boys in the bath.  Although they were born four years apart, they just love playing together and making mischief.  Bathtime is always crazy-time with lot of splashing and giggles.

One of my best tricks for scrapping quickly is to use a sketch or to scrap-lift from a layout I love- either one of my own or a layout by one of the many talented scrappers out there.  I was inspired by this layout by allieH in the Studio Calico gallery.  Her layout featured three small photos but I thought I could adapt aspects of it for my single photo.  I had leftovers from a Studio Calico kit that I knew would work and by the time I added  machine stitching, some stamping and some ink splats my layout became a bit busier than the inspiration layout, but you can see the basic structure is the same.  After pulling out the supplies and getting organised, this layout came together in about half an hour.

 
 
 
My husband works overseas for about 6 weeks at a time, but when he's home I can usually convince him to take the boys on a long outing so I can carve out some scrapping time.  I always make sure I have a bunch of photos edited and printed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment