Sunday, October 11, 2015

Feeling Sketchy | Sketch #130


Although I'm no longer on the DT at Feeling Sketchy, I do like to play along when I can.  I needed a birthday card for a special lady so I decided to use Sketch #130 for inspiration.


I started by stamping, making and heat embossing a floral image from Hero Arts.  Then I watercoloured the flowers and background with a cheap set of pearlised watercolours I got from Spotlight.  I was pleasantly surprised that I could blend them to achieve some shading and they behaved quite well when I coloured the background.

I then stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from Avery Elle and matted that on some black cardstock before adding baker's twine and scattering some sequins here and there.




I will be sure to use these watercolours more in the future- the subtle shimmer is lovely in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment