Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life.Paper.Scrapbook | July Mood Board

Sadly my term on the Design Team at Life.Paper.Scrapbook has come to an end but that doesn't mean I won't be playing along with the challenges from time to time!  The July Mood Board is another gorgeous board with bright colours but a warm and cosy feel.



I was immediately drawn to the pinks and greens as well as the different textures.  I decided to combine these colours with loads of texture by using a huge cluster of embellishments, some heat embossing on my background and gold thread.

The journalling is very personal.  It's a story that needs to be recorded but I didn't want the story to be the dominating feature on the page.  Rather, I wanted it to be another decorative layer on the background.  If the viewer looks closely it's readable but if you are just flipping through my album you might skip over it. 

I used products from Dear Lizzy's 5th&Frolic Collection along with some twine, ribbon, heat embossing using a stencil, spray mists, Thickers and a Silhouette cut file.









Thanks for looking and be sure to check out all the inspiration over at Life.Paper.Scrapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment