Sunday, May 5, 2013

Scrapping my Stash

I have missed crafting the last few days.  We pulled everything out of my craft room to repaint the walls and I  have nearly finished putting the room back together again.  Even though I am pretty good at purging my supplies, I was still able to re-home some goodies and further reduce the clutter.

Anyway, today I wanted to share a layout I have entered in a sketch challenge at Anna's Craft Cupboard.  I have used a fairly old collection from Basic Grey called Oliver, and of course I only bought this collection when it came out because my eldest son is called Oliver. Yup, that is the honest-to-god reason for buying it. It's a gorgeous collection, but I just don't "feel it" if that makes sense?  When I looked at this photo of Oliver dressed as Harry Potter though, I thought if I print it in black and white, I could make the darker colours in the papers work.

Here's the sketch....



And here's what I did with it....





With so many awesome new collections from all the manufacturers hitting our shores soon, I am trying my best to use some of my older scrap stash....I've still got HEAPS of this collection left so you'll be seeing a lot more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment