Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Got A New Toy!

A little while ago Studio Calico were offering an an awesome deal on this magnificent device.....
                         
...yes, I bought a Silhouette Cameo and although I haven't had a lot of time to play, I LOVE IT!  I have the original Cricut and it wasn't getting a lot of use(ok, none) because I found it too restrictive.  I will admit to purchasing an $80 cartridge just so I could cut scalloped circles and even then, I couldn't cut the sizes I really wanted to.  Having a 6" x 12" cutting mat was frustrating and not being able to manipulate the cut files was excruciatingly annoying.  I first saw the Silhouette machines about two years ago and knew straight away that I would eventually have one.  

I found the machine and software really easy to set up and I was buying images from the online shop directly from the software within minutes.  And the best part?  There was a Sale on so all my images were half price! But really, at around 99 cents for most images, they are cheap-as-chips anyway :-)

My first play session resulted in these.....



That large owl is actually a large gift card that opens- cool huh?  I love that I could cut all the individual pieces from scraps because you know exactly whereabouts on the cutting mat the image will be cut. I'm also very impressed with how the machine manages really intricate cuts. I'm so excited to have my new toy and I will share some more projects when I get more time to play :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment