Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Neon Christmas

I was recently asked to make some Christmas cards for a customer and the brief was to use neon green, neon pink and navy blue, plus to inject a little bit of humour into the design.  They also had to be on-trend since the recipients are in the design field.  I came up with two designs- one using neon embossing powders, and the other neon cardstocks.

This first card features a trendy chevron background embossed in neon green with a chandelier embossed in pink.




This second card features handcut neon cardstock reindeer and a quirky sentiment.  If my new Cameo had arrived I would have used that to cut them out!



Despite being a little bit overwhelmed initially, I really enjoyed using neon for these.  One of the Bonus Classes in the Holiday Card workshop was about non-traditional colours for Christmas cards and I think neon might fit in that category!

No comments:

Post a Comment