Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 6

Day 6 was all about Cards with Inking Techniques and some really clever ideas were showcased.  I decided to take a Christmas image, heat emboss it with black powder and then colour my background with four shades of Distress Inks.  I then flicked pearlised water on the background to create "snow".  It's difficult to see the lovely shine in the photo but it's lovely and subtle in real life.  I stamped/embossed my sentiment directly onto the background but too much of the embossing powder stuck to the distress inks, so I covered up my boo-boo with another piece, stamped and embossed BEFORE colouring with inks ;-)


 
 
Before today's class I thought I had seen just about every inking technique, but I learned a few new tips and tricks. I wish there were more hours in the day to try them all.....and I wish I had all the great supplies the girls used!

No comments:

Post a Comment