Friday, November 23, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 7

You've probably realised that this class is over now, but I haven't been keeping up with sharing my homework.....naughty me.....but here is Day 7's card and this class focussed on Reverse Stamps.  I bought this stamp from Hero Arts/Basic Grey when I did the "Stretch Your Stamps" class and I'll admit I haven't used it since.  So, for this card I stamped the reverse stamp in black stazon on white cardstock and then coloured in the negative parts with markers.  I then stamped a greeting from this Hero Arts clear stamp set on vellum with Versamark and then heat embossed with a bright green Zing embossing powder from American Crafts. I wrapped the vellum round the stamped background piece and adhered it to the back before attaching the whole panel to a white card base.  If I was having a "do-over", I would also slip a little bit of adhesive behind the embossed sentiment just so that the vellum piece sits a bit flatter.





I still don't particularly like reverse stamps- not sure why-, but I can think of a few different ways to use them in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment