Saturday, August 1, 2015

Feeling Sketchy | Sketch #126


It's time for another Feeling Sketchy Sketch and this time we welcome Lacy Sunshine as our challenge sponsor.


Here's the sketch we're playing with.....



I must admit that at first glance this sketch scared me but once the idea for a large image with inlaid circle die-cutting came to me, I was good to go!

I used the Gamer Reggie image from Lacy Sunshine, sized him in Photoshop and then printed him on Copic-friendly paper, before getting to work with my Copic markers.


I used my Kaisercraft nesting circle dies to cut parts of my panel and then again to cut the same kraft cardstock as my card base to make the layers.  I used four layers of kraft under each circle cut from my main panel and once adhered to each other popped them back in the main panel like puzzle pieces- make sense?



I added some Zig Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to Reggie's eyes, and I used an older Hero Arts sentiment stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Denim Zing embossing powder.  I used a Spellbinders die and then the appropriate size Kaisercraft circle die to make the kraft arrow for the sentiment.




I'm really happy with how this card turned out so remember to never let a sketch frighten you- use it to try something new and different!

Be sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy Blog for more inspiration and for all the challenge details.

No comments:

Post a Comment