Sunday, June 14, 2015

Scrappy Canary | May "Sweet Treat" Scrapbook Kit




I'm back with another layout share using the May "Sweet Treat" Scrapbook Kit.  I challenged myself to use a pink/red/grey/gold colour palette- colours that I would normally never use together- and I also decided to try a 12x12 page which is not my preferred format.  As well as all that, I was scrapping a photo of my littlest boy!



My colour scheme was derived from this XOXO chipboard piece....



I used a die to create a tab from red paper and gold embossed the date.  



I added a couple of pink and gold labels I had leftover from a previous kit and layered chipboard elements from this month's kit on top. 




My title came from one of the cut-apart cards on one of the patterned papers, and to this I added a gold glitter heart from the kit and sequins from my stash.




Some machine stitching and red ink splats were the final touches.  I don't know that I will rush to revisit this colour scheme but it was fun to step out of my comfort zone for this layout.


Don't forget to check out all the new goodies in the Scrappy Canary Store and to use the code LOUISE10 for 10% off your purchase :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment